Premises Liability 

Most property owners keep their premises safe and secure, not just for their own good but for other people as well. However, some lack the initiative to do so. If you or a loved one has been injured on another person’s property because of their negligence, consult with the personal injury lawyers from Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C. if you want to file a premises liability claim. We are ready to help you reach a favorable settlement with the person involved.


Accidents That Fall Under Premises Liability
If you are wondering if you have a premises legal claim, here are some of the most common cases that fall under this category:
• Slip and fall accidents
• Snow and ice accidents
• Swimming pool accidents
• Amusement park accidents
• Fire accidents
• Elevator and escalator accidents
• Water leaks or flooding accidents
• Injuries arising from inadequate property maintenance and defective property conditions
• Dog bite accidents
• Injury or assault resulting from inadequate building security
• Toxic fumes and chemicals accidents

Categories of Property Visitors
We all know that not all visitors are welcome. It is for this reason that they are divided into three categories:
1. An invitee – a friend, relative, neighbor, or social guest who has been explicitly invited to enter another person’s property
2. 2. A licensee – a salesperson or hired help who enters a property with a purpose and is present at the consent of the owner
3. 3. A trespasser – a person with or without a bad intention who enters a property without the permission of the owner

Who Should I choose to represent me in a premises liability claim?
Property owners have the obligation to keep their visitors who fall under the first two categories safe. They are also required to give reasonable warning to all three when a safety hazard is present. If you or a loved one got into an accident on another person’s premises, consult with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer to see if you can be properly compensated. At Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C., your legal rights are our top priority. If you live in the neighborhoods of Queens or Nassau County City, we can help.

Email Us at: